Hello! My name is Jeff Bell, and welcome to the Planet Bell blog.
I have been traveling the world since 2001, visiting 50+ countries on 11 extended trips. From 2005 to 2018, I worked summers in Alaska which allowed me to save money and have time off for travel in the off-season. I currently live in Kaohsiung, Taiwan with my wife and travel partner, Kristi.
This blog is a mix of travel stories, photo essays, travel and photo tips, and the occasional cartoon.
Below are links to some of the most popular and useful posts and that will help you get started exploring this website. Free free to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions about the places I’ve traveled or if you want to meet up in Taiwan.
- Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska
- 21 Photos of Khiva, the Spectacular Walled City in Remote Uzbekistan
- The Surreal Shipyards of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 25 Photos from the Streets of Dhaka
- 20 Photos of the Spectacular Schwedagon Pagoda
- 20 Photos of Morelia, Mexico
- Thailand Photo Gallery
Travel Stories and Commentary
- Trekking in Nong Khiaw, or An Unexpected New Year’s Party
- Trekking Rinjani Day 1: A Day of Suffering
- Life as an Expat in Bangkok Part 1: Food
- Why You Probably Hate Bangkok
- A Tale of Two Indian Touts
- 17 Things I Learned While Traveling in India
- 31 Things I Learned While Traveling in Mexico
Travel Comics and Cartoons
- Bear Spray Stories Part 1: The Golden Grizzly Award
- Bear Spray Stories Part 4: Marinated Meatballs
- Lattes and Violence
- The F-Bomb Heard Around the World Heritage Site