Hello! My name is Jeff Bell, and welcome to the Planet Bell blog.
I have been traveling the world since 2001, visiting 45+ countries on 11 extended trips. From 2005 to 2018, I worked summers in Alaska which allowed me to save money and have time off for travel in the off-season. I currently live in Kaohsiung, Taiwan with my wife and travel partner, Kristi.
This blog is a mix of travel stories, photo essays, travel and photo tips, and the occasional cartoon.
Below are links to some of the most popular and useful posts and that will help you get started exploring this website. Free free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the places I’ve traveled or if you want to meet up in Bangkok.
- Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska
- 10 Photos of Sri Lanka in Black and White
- The Venetian Blue Hour
- 15 Photos of Burma in Black and White
- 10 Photos of a Stunning Santorini Sunset
- Mexico in Black and White
- My Favorite Animal Photos from Africa
- 14 Street Photos from Colombo, Sri Lanka
- 17 Street Photos from Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City
- Sri Lanka B-Sides
- The 11 Photos I Take Every Day in Bangkok
- Bangkok Color Part 1 – Orange
- 20 Photos of Morelia, Mexico
Travel Stories and Commentary
- Trekking Rinjani Day 1: A Day of Suffering
- Life as an Expat in Bangkok Part 1: Food
- Why You Probably Hate Bangkok
- A Tale of Two Indian Touts
- 17 Things I Learned While Traveling in India
- 31 Things I Learned While Traveling in Mexico