I am now offering an Online Photography Workshop. I bet a bunch of questions just popped in your head, like:
What is an online photography workshop?
My Online Photography Workshop is an eight-week, one-on-one course, conducted via Skype. Each week there will be a slideshow lesson to learn new techniques, a photography assignment, and a review of the photos from the prior week.
Who is this course for?
The course is for a beginner or intermediate photographer. It is perfect for anyone who just bought their first DSLR or mirrorless camera and wants to learn the manual controls to take amazing photos.
What will I learn?
- Manual functions on your camera
- Photography composition
- How to edit photos in Lightroom
- How to photograph specific situations like landscapes, markets, temples, architecture, and street scenes
- How to approach strangers and get pictures of people when you travel
How much time is required each week?
The course will require about five hours each week as follows:
- 1 hour-ish lesson via Skype
- 1 hour of homework watching videos or reviewing the work of selected master photographers
- 3+ hours taking photos for your weekly project
Is the class customizable?
Yes. Before starting the course, we will discuss what you want to learn during your eight weeks.
- Week 1 – Basics of Photography – color, composition, and light
- Week 2 – Understanding Time and Motion
- Week 3 – Understanding Aperture and Depth of Field
- Week 4 – How to photograph monuments, temples, and architecture
- Week 5 – How to photograph nature, landscapes, and wildlife
- Week 6 – How to shoot people and street scenes
- Week 7 – How to edit your photos for a consistent, professional look
- Week 8 – Final Review
I am a busy person and can’t meet every week. Is that okay?
No problem. The eight lessons can be spread out to accommodate busy schedules if needed.
There are free videos on Youtube and courses for purchase on Skillshare or Udemy. Why should I take your class?
With me, you get the following:
- Feedback on your photos. Getting feedback and critique on your photos is one of the best ways to improve. Youtube can’t do that!
- I’ll inspire you. Since we will meet each week and have a photo assignment, I”ll help you stay motivated.
- I’ll be able to answer your questions that pop up between classes.
- All the classes are customized to fit the student. We will learn at your pace, and I can adjust the course as we go along depending on your progress or interests.
- I’ll make it fun. I have a passion for photography, and I want to share that with my students.
What does the course cost?
The course is 250 USD. I am currently offering a discount for anyone with an active travel or photography blog. Email me for details.
I am interested but not yet convinced. Is there any sort of free trial?
I am currently offering a free portfolio review for anyone interested in the class. Email me with the subject PORTFOLIO REVIEW for details.
I want to do it! When can I start?
If you are ready to take the course, contact me and you can get started making great photos right away.